For those of you who might have missed some of the tour posts on Facebook given Facebook's new "Give us all your money if you want us to show people your posts" business practices, I thought I would do a recap of the Robert S. Wilson Thrown-Together-at-the-Last-Minute-Due-to-An-Overwhelming-Amount-of-Procrastination-and-Indecision Blog Tour and Book Giveaway Contest! So far there have been several blog posts and things:
- A free short story from my now released debut collection WHERE ALL LIGHT IS LEFT TO DIE (The Suits over on Craig Saunders's blog).
- An excerpt of SOULSERVE: A Ray Garret/Lifeline Techno Thriller over on Martin Reeves's blog.
- A generally depressing and exploratory essay about death and the universe I wrote called The Big, Bright Belly of God over on Leigh M. Lane's blog.
- An extensive and thoughtful interview with me carried out by John Palisano on his blog about all these new releases, my take on the sea of self-publishing out there, my influences and my writing practices.
- A new disturbing free flash story over on the October Perpetual Machine Motion Publishing newsletter called REDUCTION. Although this wasn't originally part of the tour, it sure worked out timing wise. You can also sign up to receive their monthly newsletter via email. They have a brand new free flash story every month. Mine is only the second so far and I found the first one pretty fantastic.
- Sharon Stogner did gave THE DEATH CATCHER (the opening story to WHERE ALL LIGHT IS LEFT TO DIE) a mini review over on the I Smell Sheep blog. As a free sample of the collection you can read THE DEATH CATCHER here on my blog as well as on Wattpad, on your Nook, on your iPad, or on any other device by downloading it from Smashwords. Unfortunately Amazon doesn't play nicely with free books unless enough people go to the book's Amazon page and click the "tell us about a lower price" link and provide external links from other eBook distributors like Barnes & Noble (http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-death-catcher-robert-s-wilson/1120336894?ean=2940046159462) or iBooks/iTunes (https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/the-death-catcher/id917793601?mt=11). Then, once they receive enough of these they will make the book free.(If any of you kind folks would like to help out and tell Amazon about THE DEATH CATCHER being free elsewhere, I would highly appreciate it. In fact, if you do, leave me a comment to let me know and I'll enter you in a contest to win signed trade paperback copies of WHERE ALL LIGHT IS LEFT TO DIE, my 2013 novella EXIT REALITY: A Ray Garret/Lifeline Techno Thriller, and my second novel FADING IN DARKNESS: EMPIRE OF BLOOD BOOK TWO.
- Speaking of, you can earn extra entries to win the three signed trade paperback books. You can earn two entries by sharing a picture of any of my books out in the wild either in the paperflesh or on your ereader. Don't own one of my books? Just download my free short story The Death Catcher on Smashwords, B&N, or iBooks onto your e-reader of choice and take a pic of it. Or you can share this picture on Facebook to earn an additional entry as well. Contest ends at the end of tomorrow! So get to it.
And of course, this whole thing wouldn't be happening if it weren't for the releases. WHERE ALL LIGHT IS LEFT TO DIE, SOULSERVE: A Ray Garret/Lifeline Techno Thriller, THE NESTING PLACE, THE QUIET (Newly Revised and Extended), and my short story THE OTHERS (a PMMP One-Night Stands story) are now available. In order to make things easier, you can find them by clicking on the eBook retailer icons below. (Kobo is slow to add titles but WHERE ALL LIGHT IS LEFT TO DIE is currently available, the rest are on the way.)
I was hoping to have the final cover for Rising from Ashes ready to show off, but the cards did not play out the way I had hoped. But very soon there will be a great unveiling, so stay tuned. Take it easy and thanks again all of you who have taken the time to give my work, my blog, and/or my ramblings a chance.